Let’s start this blog by telling you a short story about a young boy in his late 20s who was at the peak of his career. Full of life, he embraced a very hectic lifestyle. Be it work, social commitments or personal goals – he was acing in all the departments. But unfortunately he didn’t pay much attention to one of the most important aspects of our being – our health. He did not pay attention to what he put in his mouth, when he ate or what he ate. He did not indulge in any regular exercise and had a habit of smoking and drinking ocassionally.
As months turned around, he started experiencing gradual signs of something being not right – there was a constant fatigue, lack of energy and a constant cough. After suffering for quite some time, he finally paid and visit to the doctor and you can definitely guess what did the doctor say to him. His heath was deteriorating and if he did not pay attention to it there are chances that he might develop some serious health disorder.
The moral of the story is – our husting and busting life often makes us ignore one of the key aspects. Our health, be it mental, physical or emotion is critical. Health is afterall the real wealth.
In this blog, we will introduce you to some of the common good habits that you must include in your life to avoid any major health issues and live healthy and happy life.
- Maintain a healthy weight- It is important to keep your weight in check as it can help prevent many unwanted lifestyle issues. Being obese or being underweight – both are not good for you. Hence, keep a check on your weight and take corrective actions in time to ensure that your BMI and body to bone index remains in the normal range.
- Get enough sleep – Sleep plays a significant role in our overall well being. So stop being up all the night scrolling instagram and let your body and mind rest. It is only when you sleep your body does the repair work. Sleep helps your body relax and rejuvenate. When you do not get enough sleep, it negatively impacts your metabolism, moodm concentration, motor skills, hormones and even your cardiovascular system and immune system. Hence ensure that you get at least 6-8 hours of sleep every day!
- Exercise every day – Moving your body helps in enhancing the blood circulation and maintains the flexibility of the muscles. We anyway live very sedentary lives where we are simply glued to our screens all the time. Hence, indulging in some type of physical activity should be a part of every day routine. You can either do yoga or join proper gym or go for a run every day. The point is do something. This will ensure that your body stays active and up in the longer run.
- Say goodbye to tobacco products like cigarettes or vape – Smoking is extremely injurios to your health. It is one of the leading causes of many types of preventable cancers. But unfortunately, smoking is now considered ‘cool’ and has been taken up by more people every day. It is not only harmful for the people who smoke but also for the people who are around the people who are smoking. Quitting using any type of tobacco products will help you take a significant step towards a healthy life.
If you are someone who already smokes, then you must quit right away. While we understand that quitting is difficult, you must do it. You can consult your doctors and can even get the help of NRT products like Nicotine Gums, nicotine tablets or patches to help with nicotine cravings. Along with this, you can also start indulging in more immersive and distractive activities that help you stay away from cigarettes.
- Cut down alcohol – Alcohol is not your friend. We all enjoy getting a little tipsy now and then but drinking excessive amounts of alcohol every day is extremely unhealthy.
- Eat healthy diet – eating healthy is not so difficult.especially in today’s world where more and ore people are becoming health conscious. You must have focus on getting a variety of food items that range from fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains and so on. Having a balanced diet which is free of saturated and trans fats keeps your body well nourished and free of any diseases. If you are a non vegetarian then choose chicken, fish or beans over red and processed meats. Cut back on refined sugar and fast food as much as yu can. They only taste good but offer no nutritional value.
Additionally, you must not skip meals. Especially breakfast – it is one of the most important meals of the day. Many people skip having a breakfast as they are in a rush to reach their office. But this is not done. Having a good breakfast keeps your b ody energised throughout the day. It is essential to ensure good mental and physcal performance. This also keeps you away from unnecessary snacking on unhealthy products.
- Drink more water – there is no drink like simple plain water. It is called the elixir of life for a reason. You must ensure that you have at least 10-12 glasses of water every day so that your body stays hydrated and you have enough energy throughout the day. Drinking water is also good for your digestive system. It helps in flushing out the toxins and keeps your excretory organs happy and healthy. There is no better alternative to water when it comes to keeping the skin moisturized and hydrated from the inside. It adds a glow to your skin and makes you glow from the inside.
While there are many other things as well that can help you stay fit and fine for a longer run. Just following these 7 tips will at least get you started on the right track. Once you master these things, you can add another layer of health-centric activities to your list that will help you live a balanced life. It is also important to take care of your mental well being so, you can also think of indulging in some activities that help manage stress. Additionally, you can also start scheduling annual full body checkups to ensure that your body is working fine. You can also consult your doctors and start taking any multivitamins if you are deficient in any vitamin. Doing all these things will definitely help you prevent any major health issue.